Monday, November 30, 2009

Ho, ho, ho

OK, now that Thanksgiving has come and gone, I can really get into the Christmas spirit. I’m almost done with my Christmas shopping. One name on my list that hasn’t been taken care of yet…Freckles. This will be my pup’s third Christmas, and I’ve always gotten him a present. According to an Associated Press-Petside.com poll, I’m not alone: 52 percent of pet owners are planning to buy their furry family members a holiday gift.

So what to get your four-legged family member? I always use Christmas as a time to replace worn necessities—leashes, collars, brushes, etc. And of course, there are treats and rawhides thrown in as well. This year, motivated by an upcoming road trip and a feeling of guilt that I should have done this earlier, I’ve decided to invest in a car restraint system. I’ve read that it not only keeps pets safe in accidents (duh), but it can also relieve motion sickness, which Freckles suffers from after only an hour or so in the car.

If you’re a holiday gift guide junkie, check out the 2009 Pawcurious Holiday Gift Guide, which is where I found information on the seat belt restraint system. There are also neat finds for cats as well.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment